"Moving You From Pain & Injury… Back Into Your Life"
Getting Ready for Your First Visit
What to Bring:
In order for us to provide the best care for you, it is very important that you bring the following items to your visit:
1. Insurance information and card
2. Photo ID
3. Prescription from your referring physician
4. A list of your current medications
It would be helpful if you can also bring:
5. X-ray or MRI reports
6. Information about your medical and surgical history
7. Completed patient registration forms: We can email them to you, mail them or you may wish to download the forms below.
Save time by downloading the required new patient registrations forms & remember to bring your completed paperwork to your first visit.
A common question you might have is, “Am I covered?”
Well, IPT is happy to say most often, Yes! Integrative Physical Therapy is an approved provider for most insurance companies, PPOs and HMOs.
• We realize that payment is a concern and that dealing with insurance-related issues can be frustrating and time-consuming – that’s why we take care of as much of the paperwork as possible.
• Our office handles the billing to your primary insurance carrier. We obtain any needed authorizations or referrals and find out the number of physical therapy visits allowed by your provider.
• We can also verify your coverage before your first visit so there will be no surprises and so that you will know what to expect, including copayments.
• Call our office today (518) 373-0735) to gain a clearer understanding of your insurance coverage and claim procedures.
What to Expect:
Please arrive at least 10 – 15 minutes early to your appointment. At the time of your first visit you will be warmly greeted by IPT’s office manager and you can complete the registration process. Our front office staff will outline your benefits when you arrive, as per your insurance contract. Co-pay and deductible amounts are paid at the time of service. You will then be brought into a private room by your physical therapist who will discuss with you your current and past medical history, and then he or she will complete a thorough evaluation.
Your assessment will include measurements of joint motion and stability, muscle strength and flexibility, gait, movement patterns, balance, posture and soft tissue / joint palpation. There will be ample time for you to discuss your concerns and goals. Finally, your therapist will discuss with you a plan of treatment and a portion of your treatment will begin day one.
You can expect to be at your first visit for a total of 60 – 75 minutes. Let the healing begin!
What to Wear:
We recommend you bring comfortable, unrestrictive clothing or athletic wear to all your treatments.
But don’t worry if you forget, we have gowns as needed for evaluation and treatment if indicated.
As for footwear, we suggest comfortable, closed-toe shoes – sneakers would be perfect. We’d also recommend against any type of heel.
If you have any questions, please contact us prior to your first appointment.
IPT SPECIALTY PROGRAMS:» Sports & Running Injuries: Sport Specific Training
» Golfer's Performance Programs
» Women's Wellness & Health
» Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment
» Headaches, Migraines & TMJ
» Gait & Balance Training, Fall Prevention
» Dance Injuries
"Get Your Free Special Report:
» Headaches & Women